Reach out and (virtually) touch someone!
Hi! Nice to meet you. Let’s connect.
Need help? Send us an email! Transmit your messages to the following addresses at the lakeshoreliterary.com domain:
- hello@ — For general consumer questions and comments. For most folks, this is the optimal address to use.
- service@ — For all business-to-business needs (e.g., small press title enrollment). General consumer or editorial questions sent here will not be acknowledged.
- query@ — For long-form (i.e., book) submissions and submissions to Surface Reflections. If you’re interested in The Lakeshore Review, however, please message us directly through Submittable so the entire editorial team can review your question or comment. The journal team does not have access to this email account.
Please whitelist lakeshoreliterary.com in your email program. Because we self-manage our email, some providers tend to direct our messages to your spam/junk folders. Microsoft is notorious for this practice.
Email reply times range from five minutes to five weeks. We will not acknowledge rude or intemperate messages, or messages seeking unsolicited business-to-business arrangements.
Postal Service and Deliveries
You are welcome to send written correspondence or packages to us at:
Lakeshore Literary, Inc.
1590 44th St SW
Wyoming MI 49509
We ask that you avoid sending material that requires a signature at time of delivery. We’re one of the first stops on our mail carrier’s route, so we’re almost never in the office at dawn’s early light when the brave men and women of the United States Postal Service make their appointed rounds.
We do not accept phone calls from the general public. If you happen to have our phone number, be aware that inbound calls will not be answered and messages will not be returned. We use the phone only for scheduled outgoing calls and to meet regulatory and banking requirements. Sorry, no exceptions.
Please do not rely on social media for communicating with Lakeshore Literary. We use social media exclusively to push content using API integrations; humans almost never check these accounts.
A Note About Follow-Ups
We welcome your emails but our responsiveness is a function of (a) what you’re communicating about and (b) what’s currently on the docket. To ensure we have enough time to get work done, we limit the amount of time we spend reviewing our inboxes.
We therefore ask that you email us once and wait for a reply. There’s no need to call, text, tweet, or otherwise advise us that you’ve sent an email, even if it takes a few weeks for us to respond. Please don’t take it personally. We will get back to you, unless you’re acting like a jerk, in which case we won’t. But given the deluge of messages we receive (sometimes several hundred emails in a day), the plumbing often gets backed up. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated.
Hours of Operation
Lakeshore Literary no longer maintains open office hours and we cannot accommodate drop-in visitors. Please email us to set up an appointment.
We close for the following civil holidays:
- New Year’s Eve/Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day (and the following Friday)
In addition, we close for the following Roman Catholic observances:
- Ash Wednesday
- Good Friday
- The Ascension of the Lord
- The Assumption of the BVM
- All Saints
- The Immaculate Conception of the BVM
- Christmas Eve/Day
When Michigan weather asserts its mercurial nature, we close the business when Wyoming Public Schools suspends classes or evening activities.