Reach out and (virtually) touch someone!
Hi! Nice to meet you. Let’s connect.
Need help? Send us an email! Transmit your messages to the following addresses at the lakeshoreliterary.com domain:
- foundation@ — For all messages about Lakeshore Literary Foundation.
- hello@ — For general consumer questions and comments. For most folks, this is the optimal address to use.
- service@ — For all business-to-business needs (e.g., small press title enrollment). General consumer or editorial questions sent here will not be acknowledged.
- query@ — For long-form (i.e., book) submissions and submissions to Surface Reflections. If you’re interested in The Lakeshore Review, however, please message us directly through Submittable so the entire editorial team can review your question or comment. The journal team does not have access to this email account.
Please whitelist lakeshoreliterary.com in your email program. Because we self-manage our email, some providers tend to direct our messages to your spam/junk folders. Microsoft is notorious for this practice.
Email reply times range from five minutes to five weeks.
Postal Service and Deliveries
You are welcome to send written correspondence or packages to us at:
Lakeshore Literary, Inc.
1590 44th St SW
Wyoming MI 49509
We ask that you do not send material that requires a signature at time of delivery. We’re one of the first stops on our mail carrier’s route, so we’re never (and we do mean never!) in the office at dawn’s early light when the brave men and women of the United States Postal Service make their appointed rounds.
You may also call +1 616 606 0966. We get an absurdly large number of telemarketing calls, so the odds someone will pick up are relatively slim. We generally only use the phone for outgoing or scheduled conversations.
We’ve established a Twitter account (@lakeshore_lit) and a Facebook page but time constraints mean that we rarely check these platforms. Please do not rely on social media for communicating with Lakeshore Literary.
A Note About Follow-Ups
We welcome your messages but our responsiveness is a function of (a) what you’re communicating about and (b) what’s currently on the docket. To ensure we have enough time to get work done, we limit the amount of time we spend reviewing our inboxes.
We therefore ask that you email us once and wait for a reply. There’s no need to call, text, tweet, or otherwise advise us that you’ve sent an email, even if it takes a few weeks for us to respond. Please don’t take it personally. We will get back to you. But given the deluge of messages we receive (sometimes several hundred emails in a day), the plumbing often gets backed up.
Hours of Operation
Our cafe and bookstore are open to the public at the following days/times:
- Mon/Tue — 10a to 6p
- Wed — closed (but we often schedule special events on Wednesday evenings)
- Thu/Fri — 10a to 6p
- Sat — 10a to 2p
- Sun — closed
We ask that if you plan to “talk business” that you schedule an appointment first. Although we welcome drop-in visitors who wish to make a purchase or sip coffee/tea while reading or writing, we do not enjoy the scheduling flexibility to engage in unplanned, extended conversations with visitors.
Lakeshore Literary closes for the following civil holidays:
- New Year’s Eve/Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day (and the following Friday)
In addition, we close for the following Roman Catholic observances:
- Ash Wednesday
- Good Friday
- The Ascension of the Lord
- The Assumption of the BVM
- All Saints
- The Immaculate Conception of the BVM
- Christmas Eve/Day
When Michigan weather asserts its mercurial nature, we close the business when Wyoming Public Schools suspends classes or evening activities.